Career & Internship EXPO
The Spring Career & Internship EXPO is for students of all majors and years and alumni seeking part-time, full-time, seasonal, internship, or volunteer positions. This event is an opportunity to present yourself professionally to potential employers while showcasing your communication skills. The keys to a successful EXPO experience are preparation and follow-up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Get your resume reviewed – schedule an appointment on Handshake before the event!
- Prepare your 30-second introduction
- Make sure you dress professionally and have copies of your resume!
- Don’t forget to ask for business cards at the job fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes/emails.
For more information, contact:
Jeff Saville, Career & Life Design Center director
- Please make sure you register pay for your space and lunches on time. We will release any spaces that aren't paid in time to the waiting list.
- Your table will be assigned in the Ballroom, Vallecito Room or the hallway, depending on when you register. Your table will be 6' and will have a black tablecloth. We will provide you with bookmarks to display on your table to signify that you have internships, jobs, volunteer opportunities, etc. Please make sure you brand your table well and have information on opportunities. Swag is always good!
- Please wear a nametag. We will have nametags for our students.
- Included in your registration fee are 2 meal tickets for the San Juan Dining Room (only) for lunch. You may buy additional lunch tickets during registration, or on site the day of the event. You may also explore Animas Perks and the Rocket for lunch options where you can pay on site. These are all located in the Student Union. Coffee service and snacks will be provided during the event.
- Load-in will be Thursday, April 6, the day of the EXPO, starting at 8 am. Please be ready by 9:45 as we will have groups of students right at 10 am.
- Please display a parking permit on your car dashboard. We will send you information about parking.
- As part of load-in, you can pull up to the loading area at E. Campus Court to unload at the curb closest to the Student Union. We will provide some support starting at 8 am.
- We suggest you park in the 8th Ave., Concert Hall or CSWS parking lots on the east side of campus. We will have limited support to help you get to the Student Union. See our parking maps, https://www.fortlewis.edu/search-directories/campus-map-directions
- Here is a link on how to reach out to students before the EXPO through Handshake, https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693318-How-to-Send-a-Student-a-Message
- At this point, masks are not mandatory indoors, and we respect those who do wear masks.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on campus.