Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking an individual to participate in nationally significant epidemiologic studies working with government scientists from CDC, NIH and other agencies in human health research. This individual will assist in managing the day-to-day activities of ongoing research involving protocol development, liaising with clinical study sites, and the collection, processing, and analysis of health data, including biospecimens.
We’d prefer applicants to be local to Westat’s Rockville, Maryland offices and enjoy our flexible work arrangements. We will consider remote applicants.
• Working with study collaborators and project staff to develop and implement study protocols including preparing data collection forms, procedural manuals, and monitoring reports.
• Maintaining study documents, hosting meetings with study collaborators and project staff, responsible for project-related day-to-day study communications.
• Developing requirements for data and specimen management systems; overseeing data and biospecimen collection including working with programmers to develop requirements for QA/QC reports and reviewing generated reports.
• Identifying and evaluating clinical study sites, analysis laboratories and biospecimen repositories and receiving and analyzing associated health data.
• A master’s degree in public health or a related field and 2 years of experience is required.
• Experience with multi-site clinical epidemiologic studies and data management preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills, administrative abilities, and the capability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team setting are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.