Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Bloomberg and TechCrunch, and here.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA and currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (6x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $400M+ in funding to date from leading investors including DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the Program:
This program is designed to provide a fast tracked growth opportunity to candidates who are ambitious, results driven, and tech savvy by showing them the ins and outs of our operations.
In the first 3 months of this program, you will rotate through various functions at the warehouse. This will give you hands-on experience in how we handle inbound and outbound for a wide assortment of fresh and frozen inventory from all over the world and directly to our customers. In the second 3 months of this program, you will wrap up in a different state, deepening your operations and leadership skills training. In your 7th month with Weee!, you will start to enroll in a wider variety of projects/functions like Supply Chain, logistics, transpiration and blend your operational learning into cross-function projects.
Upon completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to attain a leadership role in one of our key markets.
Duration: 9-12 months (travel/relocations is required after the first 3 months)
Location: Milpitas & Union City, California (with potential mobility to New Jersey, Seattle, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta)
Mentorship: Partner with key mentors throughout the program (Regional Director of Operations)
- Bachelor’s degree, major in science, engineering, supply chain management or related field is preferred
- Highly responsible and result-driven
- Self-starting, scrappy, and resourceful work ethic requiring minimal to no guidance
- Think on your feet but have enough humility to ask questions
- Bilingual in English and Chinese(Mandarin/Cantonese) is preferred
- Need business travel and rotation (30%)
- Exposure to temperatures (Freezer, Cooler etc)
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to bend, twist, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs