Looking to kick off your GIS career? We have the role for you.
we-do-IT is a global GIS solutions company specializing in the electric & gas utility, telecommunications, and pipeline industry sectors. We offer a full range of services in the areas of data engineering, conflation, integration, application development, and consulting. The position is for a full-time GIS Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Technician or Specialist level) to support a variety of long-term GIS projects.
- GIS Education
- Experience (0-4 years)
- Esri ArcGIS, QGIS, and Smallworld Experience
Candidates must have basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Our clients use a varies of GIS platforms to include ESRI ArcGIS, GE Smallworld, Hexagon Intergraph (GTech), IQGEO, OSPInsights and QGIS.
Position Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform analysis of GIS data to determine quality and completeness
- Perform QA/QC of GIS data
- GIS Analysis and data creation
- Perform gap analysis of GIS and data that is stored in other corporate systems
- Document and maintain work instructions for data capture and input into the GIS
- Review and perform QA/QC on data submitted by third party vendors ensuring it meets the quality standards
- Support Project Lead and Project Manager
- Be a team contributor
- Some travel may be required
- Flexible working arrangements may be available
- Occasional hours after 5PM due to multiple time zones and International meetings
- Remote in a continental US time zone, preferred be in a Colorado region
Pay & Benefits:
Hourly wage starting at $15-20 per hour depending on experience. Minimum work 20 hours per week, with up to 40 hours.
- Training & Professional Development
- Potential for full-time salaried position
We have a culture of constant learning, autonomy, competitive pay, and remote working. Looking to grow your career and do rewarding work? Come join our team!