TravSolo is a planning app for solo travelers, where you can create your itinerary on the go, meet people and bring back home a story to tell. It helps people to solo travel much easier than ever.
We want every solo traveler to be able to plan their trip, meet people, and stay safe – all while sharing memories of their journey on the go.
It is an exciting time to join the TravSolo team as we continue to grow!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Developer will be the driving force of our iOS development effort for TravSolo. We are looking for an individual who is:
• Passionate about traveling
• Eagerness to learn
• Wants to be part of a growing team
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
• Ability to work without much supervision
• NY resident is preferred
• Direct opportunities to pitch to investors for team investment will be provided, along with equity if deemed a fit
WHAT YOU’LL DO
* Have a real impact on our customer’s lives. You’ll create a mobile experience that our customers use every single day to solo travel easier. Small improvements make a big difference here.
* Bring our existing app into the future. You’ll have the freedom to leverage the latest technologies and best practices in the iOS world.
* Be a founding member. TravSolo is growing fast and we’re looking for a foundational iOS engineer to build a team around.
• 2+ years of software development experience
• General Knowledge of using Swift, Cocoa & Xcode
• A strong understanding of object oriented software principles, design patterns and agile methodologies
• A passion for automated test frameworks and test-driven development
• Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
• Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
• You have strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
• Experience shipping multiple apps to the Google Play store
• Experience building for multiple device targets and locales
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• The ability to take existing design elements and use them to expand the product, having a strong knowledge of Apple HIG
• Good time management, with excellent communication skills
• Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) hours a week on a trial basis.
Let us inspire people to travel more together 🙂
This is a “get shit done” position, where you are allowed to fail, learn, repeat = hustle
Check us out:
Please check out our website for more information: travsolo.com