*Please read entire job description before applying, especially towards the end*
TravSolo is a planning app for solo travelers, where you can create your itinerary on the go, meet people and bring back home a story to tell. It helps people to solo travel much easier than ever.
We want every solo traveler to be able to plan their trip, meet people, and stay safe – all while sharing memories of their journey on the go.
It is an exciting time to join the TravSolo team as we continue to grow!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a smart, savvy content writer to help us create meaningful content for our travel blog readers about what it means to travel alone, advice for people looking to solo travel more and the many challenges & rewards that come out of this self-fulfilling lifestyle. We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about traveling
• Eagerness to learn
• Wants to be part of a growing team
• The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
• NY resident is preferred
• No salary – a strong recommendation is included!
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
• Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
• Impeccable spelling and grammar
• A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates them online
• Great research, organizational, and learning skills
• High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs
• Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
• Some experience with web optimization, online marketing and lead generation
• An understanding of formatting articles on the web
• Ability to meet deadlines, follow guidelines
• Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) hours a week
This is a “get things done” position, where you are allowed to fail, learn, repeat = hustle
Let us inspire people to travel more together!
Check out our website for more information: travsolo.com
Please note this is an unpaid internship. College credit is offered
Please submit a writing sample along with your application.