What You Will Do:
The Talent, Inclusion, & Diversity Intern has the unique opportunity to make a lasting impact by being responsible for administering programs to promote professional development and support a culture of inclusion at Transamerica. This position requires the ability to communicate business insights to drive meaningful results and an ideal candidate understands the necessity for confidentiality and professionalism while working with a small team.
What You Will Learn:
You will gain real-world experience in generating business insights from data mining and developing new processes for collecting key metrics. You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay at the forefront of reinventing how we provide the best employee experience.
What Success Looks Like:
Working collaboratively with the Talent, Inclusion, & Diversity team, the Talent, Inclusion, & Diversity Intern responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide data analysis to identify impact and trends of talent programs such as succession planning, performance management, and inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Study the talent life cycle to detect triggers and trends
- Administer the Transamerica mentoring program by coordinating with stakeholders and building reports and processes
- Support and manage efforts with cross-functional teams to review and improve current policies, practices, and behaviors to promote inclusion
- Create data-centric processes and present results to departmental leadership
- Help design, implement, and manage initiatives and programs that advance Transamerica’s I+D strategy.
- Stay current with leading research and innovative trends in the talent and I&D space and assess gaps and opportunities for improving our efforts.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and our communications team to draft and execute material that educates employees and the external community on talent and I+D progress.
- Partake in idea generation and support the Talent, Inclusion, & Diversity team with additional projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university pursuing a specific degree program in Industrial Organizational Psychology. Human Resources, Business Analytics, or similar related field; Masters preferred.
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their college education or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills along with exceptional attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Intermediate level in data analytics including systems similar to Tableau, Alteryx, and/or Power Bi
- Candidate must be able to work between 15-20 hours per week.
- Confident at quickly adapting to changing work environment and priorities.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. All candidates are encouraged to apply. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.