• Learn alongside experienced operations teammates and learn the fundamentals of scrap metal material identification, safety, daily operations, shipping and receiving, etc.
• Learn alongside experienced commercial teammates and learn how they develop new and grow existing relationships with customers (both suppliers and consumers) to further strengthen relationships to create business opportunities.
• Visit several supplier locations for customer meetings throughout the assigned area.
• Participate in company conference calls and staff meetings.
• Hands on strategic planning.
• Intern will complete a final project and presentation to the senior management team.
DJJ is looking for an undergraduate student majoring in a Business Major such as Sales, Finance, Marketing, Operations etc. This candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional demeanor and a drive for success.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become knowledgeable in both the operations and commercial side of the business. You will learn how to build rapport with customers at all levels and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals throughout the company.
The internship will last for 8-9 weeks. Interns will work 40 hours a week and earn $16 per hour.