Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are looking for a Health Physicist to join our team! This position can be remote or based out of one of our offices.
• Develop radiological work plans and final status survey reports based on MARSSIM guidance and statistical analyses.
• Develop site specific radiation dose and risk modeling using RESRAD software.
• Supervise team of subcontracted radiation control technicians to perform environmental radiological remediation.
• May function as the Radiation Safety Officer Representative for a project, which
would include the following responsibilities:
o Assist with the implementation of the Radiation Protection Plan (RPP).
o Ensure employees understand the requirements of the RPP and procedures through training and communication.
o Prepare or assist in the preparation of Environmental Health & Safety Plans including
• Proved technical and regulatory input in preparation of Waste Management Plans, Emergency Response Plans Air Monitoring Plans, Transportation Plans, Health and Safety Plans, and other Project Specific Work Control documents.
• Prepare health physics sections of proposals. Conduct and develop health physics training
• Conduct radiation related audits of projects and offices.
• Order the shut down of site activities upon determining the presence of an imminent health and safety hazard.
• Participate in the development of business opportunities.
• Revise corporate radiation safety procedures and submit radioactive material licenses as needed.
• Stay up to date on Federal and State radiological regulations, standards, and guides
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Health Physics or a related field.
• 5-7 years of experience.
• Commercial radiation experience including closure/cleanup of commercial nuclear power plants is preferred.
• Experience with RESRAD software codes required.
• Certification by the American Board of Health Physics preferred.
• Able to travel <25% of the time.
• Valid driver’s license.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.