The goal of the SelectQuote internship program is to provide an opportunity to develop industry-related knowledge, and enhance skills that are transferable to any type of professional setting. No matter what your skills and professional experience, a SelectQuote internship is a chance to develop them even further. For this reason along with the day to day intern duties SelectQuote interns will work together on a multitude of special projects, community events, and fun activities throughout the duration of the internship program. The balance of the day-to-day work along with diverse projects, and community involvement will provide our interns with a well rounded learning experience that will enhance their overall professional development.
A Human Resources Intern will assist the SelectQuote Human Resources team with a multitude of projects and other tasks within the human resources department. This includes but is not limited to updating our employee handbook, AEP Prep, launching 30-60-90 days, and I-9 audits. In addition, the intern will assist the HR team with many other day-to-day activities including auditing employee documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data validation projects and filing.
- Assist the HR team with updating our employee handbook
- Assist the HR team with our Annual Enrollment Period preparation
- Assist the HR team with launching 30-60-90 days and I-9 audits
- Complete daily activities such as auditing employee documents for accuracy and consistency, as well as data validation projects and filing
- Learn about the best practices of Human Resources and various HR tools
What You Need to be Successful:
- Possess a positive outlook and friendly attitude.
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to enhance learning.
- Has a self-starter attitude with a high level of motivation.
- Ability to adapt and use new technologies in the workplace.
- High level of attention to detail while providing accurate data aligned with departmental standards.
- Availability from May 28th, 2020 until August 6th, 2020.
- Currently enrolled in Junior or Senior year of college/university
- Degree focused in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office for the duration of the internship.
Voted a 2019 “Best Place to Work” by Kansas City Business Journal – our culture is one of innovation, collaboration and continuous learning, all centered around promise to save our customers time and money. SelectQuote has experienced rapid growth in recent years but always keeps a positive workplace culture with open communication across departments and a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and innovation as a main priority.
Find us online for more information: