Undergrad and graduate biology students for 100+ entry level jobs in biotech.
Part-time, full-time, whatever time fits your schedule. Fully remote. Looking for smart students to represent and roll out our newly published and multi-use cell engineering biotechnology across university campuses and biopharma labs in cities in the U.S. and worldwide.
Role, depends on your level of biotechnology expertise and may include:
- Running and organizing journal clubs discussing cell engineering applications.
- Hosting journal clubs in your own lab, other university labs or other universities anywhere.
- Introduce researchers to Secondcell’s newly published and multi-use cell engineering technology originating from The Rockefeller University with applications in basic research, drug discovery and cell therapy.
- Fully remote role, with monthly reports and virtual touch-base meetings required. More communication possible for those interested.
- Background in cell and molecular biology, preferably including experience with mammalian cell cultures, preferred.
- Intelligence, creativity, drive.
- Good with communicating and discussion scientific ideas and innovations.
- Pay options include hourly pay at a base of $25/hour to $50/hour to start and/or commission structure. Hourly pay is possible for successful candidates after a 2-4 week trial period. Commission structure is steep and may be even more lucrative for qualified candidates.
- To start: this is a 1099 position. Persons paid on a 1099 basis are independent contractors and are self-employed. Independent contractors are required to pay all self-employment taxes (Social Security & Medicare) as well as income tax. Independent contractors generally do not receive any type of employment benefits from the client. For more information please refer to irs.gov or talk with a tax professional.
- Following a 2-4 week trial period, successful candidates have the option to select hourly pay.
Growth: For those who excel and find a good fit within Secondcell, we will explore additional opportunities that match the candidates qualifications and the company’s growing needs.
Location: Remote, worldwide.
Please be familiar with at least the first item below, the scientific publication of the novel cell engineering method termed Chromovert Technology.
Please include a Cover Letter with a full description of any experience that you may have with mammalian cell culture or genetics, including any hands-on experience making stable cell lines.
Thank you for considering Secondcell Bio!
Scientific publication of the technology: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10529-021-03101-5
Insights and highlights for researchers: https://sciencex.com/news/2021-09-cell-method-drug-discovery-biologics.html
Use of the technology for drug discovery at scale: https://www.pharmamirror.com/pharmaceutical-articles/open-source-wikipedia-for-drug-discovery/
Industry report in GenomeWeb.com: https://www.genomeweb.com/business-news/secondcell-bio-hopes-make-creation-cell-lines-easy-building-legos
Any flowcharts or product manuals available for download at: https://www.secondcellbio.com/