- To assess potential students at the point of Admission to determine if the Mission Academy Program is appropriate for their needs.
- To refer applicants to other facilities for more extensive care, if needed.
- To provide Standard of Care in an ethical and legal manner.
- To represent our Mission, Vision and Values and continue to grow personally, professionally. and spiritually.
- Foster and maintain Community partnerships to enhance coordinating admissions, process external referrals to admission department for approval.
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans, and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning.
- Conducts initial assessment interviews with internally referred students/clients to obtain information concerning medical/psychiatric history, and other pertinent information.
- Request collateral and records for potential client and current student/clients who has a mental health illness and substance abuse challenges and complete biopsychosocial assessments.
- Primarily lead for group facilitation and coordination of groups/classes at the Mission.
- Provides crisis intervention/triage as appropriate and as needed.
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding client’s mental health need and assist with referrals/discharge planning for appropriate level of care.
- Responsible for student/client treatment summary and recommendations.
- Assist with other outreach activities and coordination of care, as needed.
To represent our Mission, Vision and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually
- Embody a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve
- Remain mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as a filter for all we do
- Embody SDRM’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Intentionally participate in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ
- Willingly engage to resolve conflicts with co-workers, clients, and community partners as necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Master’s degree in psychology/Social Sciences; Bachelor’s degree may be accepted if have four years of continued experienced working with SMI/dual diagnosis and diverse population and currently in Master’s program.
Experience: Minimum 2 years full-time work experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, addiction challenges, mental illness, and/or co-occurring disorders. Nonprofit experience preferred. Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavior Therapy trained, preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide accurate information to public by answering questions and requests in a timely and professional manner.
Language: Bilingual preferred.
Special License/Certification: BBS eligible for registered AMFT or ASW, preferred.
Travel/Transportation: The incumbent must travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires. The incumbent must have reliable transportation (public transportation may be acceptable depending on the purpose of travel). If the incumbent receives authorization to use a Mission vehicle to perform duties, he or she must present a current California driver’s license and good driving record to be placed on the Mission’s insurance policy.
MUST APPLY THROUGH CAREER SITE TO BE CONSIDERED.