Leadership Development Program Intern
Spring program period (Jan – May 2022)
Summer program period (May – August 2022)
One of Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies with 4.5+ million total clients and growing. At Northwestern Mutual, Financial Representatives strive to understand their clients’ goals and visions to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to achieve their financial objectives
A year-round internship program dedicated to the success, both personally and professionally, of students. The Northwestern Mutual internship continues to be one of the best internships in America. For 25 years, it has ranked among the Top 25 internships among all industries and non-profits. In 2021, Northwestern Mutual ranks as one of the Top 3 internships in the Financial Services industry and a Top 9 internship for career development.
- Financial Planning - More than just training and professional guidance, LDP interns get a valuable, hands on financial planning experience by working directly with Northwestern Mutual clients to empower them financially.
- Marketing and Research – In addition to financial planning, each LDP intern has the opportunity to conduct highly targeted, real-world marking and research. Once completed, they’ll present their research to senior directors in their capstone presentation at the end of each trimester.
- Leadership and Development - From self-management and self-motivation to courage, interpersonal risk taking, and leading others, this program allows students to achieve a leadership mindset that will guide them as they pursue full-time opportunities.
By joining out team you’ll have access to:
- Mentorship from experienced advisors
- Multiple sources of compensation
- Professional networking
- Eligibility to qualify for licenses, certifications, and designation
- Career development
- Full-time opportunities
- US work authorization is required
- Full-time student
- Juniors, seniors and post graduate students preferred