Microchip is looking for a technical writer to document next-generation mixed signal and analog semiconductor products to support new product definition and development teams. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the Product Architecture team to document technical requirements of future products. These requirements are used by cross-functional new product development teams to create high-quality semiconductor ICs.
- Creating highly technical documentation (writing, editing, formatting, and illustrating internal technical documentation)
- Validating information (working with Architecture and cross-functional new product development teams to ensure technical accuracy and completeness)
- Managing deliverables (working with new product development teams to estimate project scope, gather data, track milestones, communicate progress, mitigate risks, and produce documentation that meets internal customer expectations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in written form
- Willingness to work in a challenging, dynamic, and engaging environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development
- B.A. English, Journalism, Communication, or in a related field
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience with FrameMaker, Visio, Excel, and other programs used in written communications
- Experience documenting in the semiconductor or other highly technical fields strongly desired
Travel Time: 0% – 25%
Physical Attributes: Hearing, Seeing, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
Physical Requirements: 90% sitting, 10% walking/standing
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.