Sales Analyst – Distributor Sales (Hybrid, Libertyville IL)
(Job Number: SAL0102NN)
Primary Location US-IL-LIBERTYVILLE
Analyze business and financial results to support the sales organization. Present findings and recommendations to sales management to solve problems and issues related to sales opportunities.
Plan and prepare business, financial and data analysis and reports.
- Analyze existing product pricing across all market sectors, identify price/volume trends and recommend price ranges based on customer type (market segment). Develop analysis to measure the trends, efficiencies and effectiveness of sales and resource allocation and utilization.
- Prepare and analyze sales forecast and results reports and presentations including analysis of variances versus budget forecasts.
- Analyze item pricing across all customers to identify situations where pricing is outside of the normal, predetermined price range.
- Review pricing to determine items that are priced outside of the normal predetermined range for typical customers of that market type.
- Develop moderately complex reports and queries for sales management. Measure the trends, efficiencies and effectiveness of sales and resource allocation and utilization.
- Ensure new pricing rules are first reviewed and evaluated for their impact on sales rep commissions before final implementation.
- Evaluate 3rd party industry pricing data being marketed and sold to Medline customers to understand what information is being provided and implications to the Company.
- Support sales teams in preparing and evaluating deal scenarios and contract terms.
- Collaborate with Sales, IS and Finance to develop, create and maintain reporting requirements and ensure systems provide accurate and timely data.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to less experienced analysts, in order to develop skills and experience to attain and exceed predefined goals including fill rates, pricing accuracy percentages, A/R balances and surplus depletion.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; and a 401(k) with company match and much more!
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Mathematics or Applied Statistics.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in sales analysis.
- Ability to successfully apply standard financial, accounting and business problem-solving skills to business problems with multiple variables.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: modifying default field properties, creating a sub form, adding a control button, modifying query criteria and query totals, using conditional formatting and/or viewing data relationships).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra and business statistics.
- Willingness to travel for business related needs (i.e. training, accounts meetings, development, etc).