Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s Tech. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. We have a history of re-invention and are always looking forward. As an Intern at Macy’s, you’ll help us shape the future of retail. The goal is simple: stay driven, develop your technical and leadership skills, and set the pace in retail technology.
Macy’s is dedicated to making life shine brighter for our customers, colleagues, and communities. Our recipe for success is a strong national footprint, robust e-commerce business, and a great mobile experience that ties it all together. Macy’s Tech combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of an iconic national brand. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s.
- Work alongside your mentor and fellow engineers in an agile work environment.
- Work on clearly defined projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leaders.
The Macy’s Technology Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in school in a real-world setting and explore a potential engineering career within our organization. Over the summer, you’ll be placed on one of our technology teams to include but not limited to:
- Mobile Development (IOS, Swift, Android, SDK, etc.)
- Cloud Development (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Compute and Ops (Python, SQL, Unix/Linux, etc.)
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Junior status (rising Senior at the time of the internship), pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Java preferred), operating systems, and data processing
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (Agile preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to discover trends and make decisions.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
- Passion for engaging and leading people. .
- Strong business acumen and results orientation.
- Attention to detail and the ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Blue Mercury – is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.