What you will do:
Under the supervision of a Finance Manager, performs financial analyses to support and measure business unit results. Works independently and interacts with regional and business group contacts to assist in the planning and analysis of quarterly forecasts and profit plans, monthly financial results and key financial targets. Performs special studies including competitive analysis, industry trend research, and internal benchmarking. In addition to these core team functions, the employee will lead a set of projects to expose them to different business groups within Johnson Controls including Operations, Transportation, Commercial, Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, and many others.
How you will do it:
- Leads a set of special projects designed to give experience in various business groups including but not limited to: Operations, Transportation, Commercial, Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
- Aids regional teams, business units, and plant locations as needed.
- Assists in the development and presentation of monthly results and analysis for senior management.
- Works with Finance Managers to develop supporting materials for use in forecast and profit plan reviews.
- Assists in the preparation of the long-term strategic plan and supporting materials.
- Drives key operational and financial performance metrics and derives insights from data that can be used to advance the organization.
- Present findings, results, and analysis of projects and other work to senior leadership.
- Participate in the Johnson Controls Corporate Summer Internship Program.
What we look for:
- Currently enrolled in a full-time bachelors degree (4-year) program pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, or related. Graduating no earlier than Summer 2022.
- Long Term Opportunity – available to work full-time during the summer and 15-20 hours a week during the school year.
- A highly motivated individual capable of handling multiple responsibilities and able to change directions quickly if needed.
- An effective communicator to all levels of the organization
- Able to work independently and lead projects to completion
- Must have demonstrated computer skills, including use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.