As an intern in Intel’s Corporate Quality Network, you will work with a team that supports the design quality and reliability of Intel’s products. You will work with teams that own the responsibility of designing integrated circuits and evaluating, developing, and debugging the effect of reliability mechanisms on integrated circuits. In this specific position, you will be working with the Pre Silicon Quality and Reliability group who works with design teams that support Microprocessor, Chipset, ASICs, and Integrated Circuit development of Intel’s most advanced Intel processes. The pre-silicon team is responsible for reliability validation in the design phase focused on circuit aging, interconnect reliability, ESD/Latch-up, design/package interaction, electromigration, and more. Your projects can include support of executing simulation tools to verify compliance of integrated circuits to process device models in the areas of reliability.
At Intel, we constantly push the boundaries of innovation to make people’s lives more fulfilling, exciting, and easier to manage. It starts with the chip and ends with a world of opportunity. As an Intel Quality and Reliability intern, you have the opportunity to work directly with the process, product design, and development. You’re a critical player in taking a product to production ramp.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills.
- Expertise to clearly articulate thought processes and direction in problem-solving.
- Skills to interpret and analyze data.
- Communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
- The candidate must be pursuing a Master’s of Science or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in the programming languages of PERL and/or PYTHON.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in the Unix/Linux OS environment scripting.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with electrical circuits, and VLSI circuit design.
- Experience in SPICE simulation.
- Experience in device physics, circuit operations.
- Knowledge in design methodology, timing, noise, physical circuit design layout, needed as well as understanding optimizing performance reliability power tradeoffs.
- Experiences in overall knowledge of VLSI design flow technology development and device physics are a plus.