Come intern with Intel’s Power and Firmware Center of Excellence (PFC) on the Server Firmware team. We are looking for a Graduate Intern – Firmware Engineering to join our team
Intel PFC is driving the definition and development of Intel’s integrated firmware for all Server SOCs. Software development responsibilities may be quite diverse, depending on the unique needs of the job.
- Design, develop and implement software related to Intel’s Server SOC Power Management Firmware
- Develop tools and scripts related to automating the development environment
- Develop and implement unit test capabilities in our modelling environment
- Methodical problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
Candidate must be willing to do at least a 6+ months internship
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Candidate must be pursuing Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science. OR a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
At least 6+ months experience in the following areas:
- Software/scripting programming languages such as C/C++, Python, and Perl.
- Computer Architecture
- Object Oriented Design
- Programming of hardware (firmware)
- Experience with Intel Architecture
- Assembly and Ruby languages
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Virtual US and Canada