Global Education Ministries Foundation (GEMF) works with individual donors, national and foreign governments, and other nonprofit, partner agencies to provide support for people wanting to help disadvantaged communities through the promotion of education. Through generous donations and global partnerships, our work ranges from providing scholarships to missionaries, support to schools and educators in impoverished areas, and working with communities to develop lasting education infrastructure through partnerships with associations and membership organizations, foundations, colleges and universities, partner educational nonprofit organizations, cultural institutions, churches and other religious organizations, and social service agencies.
Not-for-Profit Global Education Foundation Internship; Reports to GEMF Executive Director
As an intern within our Ministry, we’ll work together to structure the time commitment and focus area for your internship to meet your personal and professional goals. For example, you could help with various administrative projects, fundraising, special event planning, business development, communications, marketing, social media, or we can develop a blend of several areas based on your interests.
This role will focus on helping the intern to learn about and develop robust services aimed at strengthening the overall organizational effectiveness of GEMF and its partner institutions. The ideal student/intern will have been on a mission trip, or desires to go on one. This role will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to learn as well as provide ideas with respect to client service, growth, fundraising, and volunteer program development. He/she will be inquisitive, engaging, innovative, outgoing, and want to have a fun experience…and perhaps serve on a mission one day with GEMF’s support!
Full training provided by GEMF staff through Zoom or comparable teleconference modality. Additionally, appropriate (guest) access provided to electronic systems where applicable (e.g. social media and website accounts for marketing/communications intern; guest HR system access for HR/Business interns, learning and student information systems guest access for academic and administrative support interns, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Approach internship with enthusiasm.
- Mutually define focus areas / interest areas with GEMF Executive Director
- Promote GEMF to the public with compassion, professionalism, and integrity
- Serve by the core values of GEMF
- Collaborate effectively with other interns and GEMF staff
- Provide expertise in the areas of fundraising, program growth, CRM, and process improvement
- Other duties as assigned by the GEMF Executive Director
- Currently enrolled in high school or college/university
- A detail-oriented individual, with a desire to learn about nonprofit management, humanitarian missions,
- fundraising, business development, and other focus areas.
- An innovative and thoughtful individual with an appreciation and understanding of the challenges facing
- the not-for-profit and education sectors.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptible, works collaborative, and engages others
COMPENSATION: W-2 Earned income
Explore life beyond what you’re used to and take your education to international urban and remote areas while helping to improve the health and wellbeing of those most in need. You’ll be playing a critical role for the communities being served (whether you are studying in the healthcare field or not), form new friendships, develop in your faith, and experience something only a few people get the opportunity to do.
We’ll work with you in all aspects of your preparation (including safety and health briefings), travel, orientation, academic support, medical coverage and 24/7 emergency assistance, housing/meals, personal time for sightseeing, shopping, etc., and post-coursework professional application.
Additionally, we offer: transferrable undergraduate or graduate college credit for your trip, academic and career advising, flexible tuition payment plans, as well as travel and academic scholarships. Our experiential learning model, comprehensive on-site support, and English-taught courses ensure that your time abroad is the best possible!
When you study abroad, you’ll develop new interests and learn more about yourself than you ever thought possible. If you’re looking for an internship abroad, you can test drive a career, get real-world experience, and acquire marketable skills.