Givio is an innovative start-up company dedicated to making charitable giving and fundraising simple, accessible and impactful. Whether through our mobile charitable giving app or our charitable giving digital banking solutions, Givio allows people to give to and raise funds for their favorite causes in just seconds. Whether as an individual, a business, a financial institution or a nonprofit, Givio makes it easy.
We’re seeking a creative, organized and self-starting Social Media Marketing Intern to join our remote based team and help us change an outdated charitable giving industry that only focuses on the highest dollar donors, leaving out the vast majority of the population and our small to medium sized nonprofits behind. If you want to be a part of doing something good, in your neighborhood and around the world, this internship may be for you.
This is an unpaid, remote internship for someone based in the U.S. Work-study may be available.
The ideal candidate will share a combination of traits such as being charitably minded, entrepreneurial and results-focused. You’ll have some experience managing an Instagram account for a business, team, club or nonprofit organization, are comfortable planning and creating compelling content (including video), staying organized, are eager to learn and equally eager to put that new knowledge to use.
What you’ll do:
The person that fills this position will have the opportunity to learn about some or all of the following: charitable giving, online fundraising, advanced social media best practices, writing & storytelling best practices, partnership creation, brand alignment and more. This person will be an important member of our team, applying existing capabilities with newly learned concepts and skills to help us execute our social media marketing goals. This person will have an opportunity to have a demonstrable footprint in the Givio ecosystem with direct access to the Givio leadership team.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- A reliable computer and internet access
- Skills in writing and communications
- Ability to learn how to use cloud-based software and tools with self-guided tutorials
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized, manages time well and pays attention to detail
- Moderate to advanced knowledge managing social media accounts, specifically on Instagram, Facebook & TikTok. Knowledge of Reddit, Vimeo and YouTube a plus.
- Knowledge of engagement practices and hashtag optimization
- Basic to moderate knowledge of design principles as relates to ads and social media
- Graphics and video editing and creation using standard software such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Screen Flow, Vimeo or other similar software.
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness and creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm to tackle new challenges, adaptability in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to stay on track
Responsibilities may include:
- Research to identify opportunities to engage audiences
- Content schedule creation and production
- Relationship and partnership development for spotlight stories, takeovers and other joint social media endeavors
- Analyze and synthesize key performance data to optimize engagement
Extra skills that will be a plus
- Experience volunteering for and/or raising funds for a charitable organization, team, club or school
- Experience interviewing people for story profiles and blog writing
- Photography, video and illustration creation
- Experience with social media scheduling software like Later
- An ability to connect dots and optimize opportunities for cross promotion