Position: Fall 2021 Elementary Teacher
Gindi Maimonides Academy:
Gindi Maimonides Academy is a leading independent day school servicing over 550 children in preschool through grade 8. The campus is conveniently located on the border of West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Academic excellence and the development of children with strong character are cornerstone aspects of Maimonides Academy.
Typical classes are between 18 -22 students. Maimonides teachers are responsible for instruction in language arts, math, history, and science. Students attend PE with the PE teachers daily. Students also attend music, art, library, and the innovation lab weekly. These classes are instructed by the specialist teachers.
To learn more about our school visit our website at www.maimonidesla.com
Lead/Mentor Teacher Qualifications:
Lead Mentor Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000
Lead/Mentor teachers guide the grade/class curriculum while working alongside a co or associate teacher. Lead/Mentor teachers oversee curriculum design, student and family relations, and mentor associate teachers.
Associate Teacher Qualifications:
Associate Salary: $30,000.00 to $34,000.00/ year
We are seeking associate teachers to work alongside mentor classroom instructors. Associate teachers at Maimonides are fully credentialed first to third year instructors who are looking for a classroom position that allows for collaboration and instructional growth prior to becoming a full co-teacher or lead mentor teacher at Maimonides Academy.
• Close collaboration with other grade level teachers and instructors school-wide
• Use Common Core and Maimonides standards to create rigorous, objective-driven, and multimodal lessons
• Encourage critical thinking
• Differentiate for individual students based on their unique learning needs
• Incorporate appropriate technology
• Create a classroom environment of respect that encourages students to take risks and strive to reach goals
• Communicate and enforce high expectations and standards for behavior and academic performance
• Initiate and maintain timely communication with all parents
Hours: Teaching is in person on campus 7:45 – 4:30 Monday – Thursday, 7:45 – 2:30 Friday
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org