Fort Lewis College Student Union Student Staff
The Student Union Student Staff is an integral part of the Student Union that provides information and services to students, faculty, staff and guests. They are a team of FLC students who help ensure the Student Union is kept clean and safe while providing services such as, answering the Fort Lewis College switchboard, managing campus lost and found, checking out recreational equipment and light housekeeping duties.
Description of responsibilities:
· Responds to questions concerning phone numbers, addresses, college services, activities and administrative processes and handles phone referrals for students, faculty, staff and guests courteously and accurately.
· Serves as public relations agent who welcomes and assists guests in the Student Union.
· Manages Campus Lost & Found.
· Issues “Durango T” bus stickers.
· Gives refunds for vending machines on campus.
· Approves campus publicity and communicates posting policy.
· Checks and removes expired publicity materials from bulletin boards and displays inside the Student Union.
· Issues recreation equipment.
· Maintains Info Desk cleanliness and appearance.
· Monitors and problem-solves activities in the Student Union to contribute to their success on an hourly basis.
· Assists Student Union with room setups as needed.
· Routinely performs light cleaning of the Student Union.
· Reports to and meets regularly with the Student Union Assistant Director.
· Assists in the operation of AV equipment for various events in the Student Union.
· Closes and locks the Student Union at end of night, locking all doors and turning out lights ensuring guests are not in the building.
· Assists with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
· Attends all training sessions and staff meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Fort Lewis College student
- Must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Work-study students preferred
- Requires a person with a positive attitude, a friendly outgoing personality and a desire to have fun and help others
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and disciplined
· Strong communication, multi-tasking and creative thinking skills
- Preference for students with previous customer service experience
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Hours and Pay Rate:
· Approximately 10-15 hours per week. Hours: Monday –Tuesday: 7:30 am to 10:30 pm, Wednesday – Friday 7:30am to 9:30 pm, and Saturday – Sunday 10:30am – 9:30pm.
· $12.32 starting pay
For more information contact Juan Lopez, Student Union Office 162,
Phone – 970-247-7066, email@example.com