We are seeking a Program Assistant to serve as greeter and assistant at a busy and highly visible department desk. You must be hardworking, dependable, proactive, and enjoy working with a diverse public.
Federal Work Study eligible students preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greet and assist visitors (students, parents, faculty, staff, and guest) with variety of needs and questions during operational hours
· Answer and direct incoming phone calls on a multi-line telephone
· Maintain sign in/Blackboard support
· Perform administrative duties: word processing, data entry, inventory, etc.
· Assist with NAC events/programs
· Assist with recruitment related events (Friday at the Fort, Preview, FLC Student Service Fair, Department Tabling Events and Presentations, NAC Outreach, etc.)
· Provide technical assistance with regards to basic computer operations in the NAC Computer Lab (email, printing, Internet browsing/researching, etc.)
· Participate and lead impromptu presentations and tours on behalf of the NAC to prospective students.
· Complete light custodial duties such as cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of office areas, kitchen, tutor room, conference room, and workroom
· Assist the NAC staff with event setup and cleanup
· Other duties and projects as assigned
· COVID 19 Precautionary Measures:
o Administer temperature check with contactless thermometers
o Remind guest of face mask/covering requirement
o Monitor room capacity in compliance with CDC guidelines
o Assure cleanliness of commonly used NAC spaces
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must be conscientious, respectful, reliable, and adaptive
· Professional attitude and great interpersonal skills
· Experience performing basic office duties (i.e., message taking, filing, scheduling appointments)
· Demonstrated knowledge of office equipment (i.e., multifunction printers for scanning, printing, copying and faxing) and telephone etiquette
· Computer competency with the following programs: Apple and Window OS, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Team, Zoom
· Knowledge of FLC student services and departments
· Eagerness to work and communicate with staff and students of diverse backgrounds, in particular, Native American/Alaskan Native/Indigenous students
· Willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends for programming/outreach events (if necessary)
· Must be a full-time undergraduate student (12 units or higher each semester) currently enrolled at FLC
· Have and maintain a 2.25 cumulative GPA or better each term/semester while employed
· Availability to work a minimum of 10 hours to a maximum of 20 hours a week. The NAC is open Monday-Friday, from 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Work hours must be scheduled during these days and times.
Pay Rate & Future Employment: Hours per week will vary pending on work study amount approved for. Starting pay is at $12.32/hour. The fall term is a probation period, future employment dependent on successful work performance.
· Complete and submit the Program Assistant Application. Include a current resume, your Fall schedule of classes, and weekly work time availability
· Applicants who meet criteria will be called for an interview.
· NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered for this position.
Deadline: Monday, September 20, 2021