JOB TITLE: Work-study
QUALIFICATIONS: Work study students shall be at least 16 years of age and shall work directly under the supervision of the head teachers or center director.
- Students shall be reliable and dependable in attendance according to their designated work schedule.
- Assistants shall help implement the daily program under the direction of the head teacher or director.
- Maintain a professional attitude and support the philosophy of the Center’s program.
- Assist in planning and carrying out the learning activities in the early educational environment under the teacher or director’s instructions.
- Shall respect all children and parents and support their safety and well-being.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks.
- Assist director, teachers, and support staff in assigned duties.
- Complete all necessary information for their files.
- Attend training session at the beginning of each semester.
The Campbell Center is fortunate to partner with Fort Lewis College in placing work-study students within our school. Work-Study students will arrange a set schedule with the center director and will be expected to maintain their schedule unless prior approval is received. Unless a work-study student has received approval to work in the capacity of a full-time staff member of the center, they may not change diapers or be left alone with children.
When you arrive at the Center for work, check with Director or Support Staff to see where you need to be. If you are needed in the classroom, go to that classroom to assist the teacher with the children. Remember, your first priority is the welfare, safety and needs of the children. The teacher or teaching assistants has established classroom routines and rules, and you are there to reinforce and assist them in the smooth running of the day.