· Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times–being alert for the needs and concerns of the children as individuals and as a group.
· Cooperate in a supportive role in preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, preparing needed materials and supplies, and carrying out developmentally appropriate activities designed to meet the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of the children in the classroom.
· Participate with children in group and individual activities.
· Form a caring, nurturing, and responsive relationship with children.
· Treat all children, parents, and staff with dignity and respect.
· Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the program in accordance to the educational philosophy of the Center.
· Demonstrate initiative—assist and complete general housekeeping tasks.
· Other duties as requested by Classroom Teacher and/or Director.