NOTE: This position is REMOTE ONLY! Please be comfortable using Zoom, and preferably Discord as well!
Thanks for looking into interning with FN! We’re an indie entertainment network with a current focus on podcasts, but we’re expanding rapidly into digital asset retail, video games, and publishing. In short, we need help to do so efficiently!
What you would be doing:
- Helping with administrative tasks such as coordinating rehearsals, keeping notes on staff meetings, and organizing internal events
- Data entry — there’s a lot of assets that need to be organized and appropriately tagged before we can start releasing them to the public. It’s not the most interesting work in the world, but it’s super easy to do!
- Shadowing — this goes for any position you desire! If you want to shadow a lead writer, a director, voice actor, legal counsel, financial, marketing, etc… We can make it happen!
What we can offer to you:
- If your school allows you to get class credit, we will bend over backwards to make certain that you AT LEAST walk away with that. (Please be careful, though! Some schools require you to pay ‘tuition’ for class credits! Let us know if that’s the situation for you and we’ll make sure you don’t accidentally get billed.)
- Two (2) personalized recommendation letters from the Network Director (Amelia Kinch) and the Head of Operations (Jaclyn Seelagy) that you have blanket permission to use however you please.
- Resume workshopping — we’ll make sure you leave FN with a resume that positively sparkles.
- Access to any/all of our internal staff resources. This includes the staff Udemy account (online classes), voice acting coaching, script/creative writing editing, etc.
- We can’t afford to pay you with currency, but we do have a wealth of talent and community resources we’re more than willing to give to you! Anything you can think of that might be a boon to you, let us know! If it’s in our power to do so, it’s yours.
- Fluency in English
- 18+ years or older, please! Some of our shows contain sensitive materials, so this is something we cannot budge on. (Sorry, high-schoolers!)
- Willingness to learn
- That’s it! This is really, truly entry level.
What you should expect:
This internship should be fairly easy! Since we can’t pay you, the very least we can do is make sure this is a low stress experience. We’ll set the pace to whatever you’re comfortable with, and you can stay with us as long as you’d like. We don’t have any interest in bleeding students dry–we know school is tough enough already.
We ALSO know that unpaid internships can monumentally suck (we’ve all done them), and we’re doing our best to make sure what we can offer you is worthwhile–so let us know what you’re most in need of! For example: basic coding classes, cover letter assistance, leadership experience, a beta-audience for that new screen play, logos and branding for your side gig, etc. We’ll find a way to make sure you walk away with as much value as we can feasibly give you.
We hope that you’ll walk away from this knowing that you’ve got life-long resume references from us, and colleagues you’d feel comfortable reaching out to for assistance and advice!
If any aspect of FN looks like something you’d be interested in pursuing as a career, then please reach out and apply for this position! We would love to have you and your passion on board with us.