ERM is seeking a Consultant to join a group of dynamic and energetic strategic communications, and stakeholder engagement professionals dedicated to delivering high-quality services to staff throughout the environmental consulting industry and clients in a variety of industries, sectors and geographies. The individual, based in our Minneapolis, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Portland, Oregon office, will be responsible for providing support on client projects of the entire Stakeholder Engagement and Strategic Communications team. This position will focus on traditional and social media monitoring and analytics, stakeholder communications planning, as well as conducting research on Environmental Justice (EJ) and social risk factors.
- Monitor and analyze stakeholder communications including traditional and social media, developing reports, summarizing key findings and analyzing trends as they relate to the client.
- Plan and coordinate on-the-ground ongoing outreach to engage identified stakeholders proactively, create awareness about major project milestones, and help respond to issues associated with projects, regulatory activity and public participation opportunities.
- Write and edit project plans and informational materials e.g., fact sheets, website copy, newsletters, brochures, display copy, letters, etc.
- Participate in research activities including desktop Environmental Justice (EJ) analyses and social risk assessments, as well as focus groups and community advisory groups.
- Support business development plans to obtain new clients and development of new business proposals and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate sub-contractor activity.
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Public Affairs, Communications, Social Media Management, Business Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 2-4 years of social media management and/or analysis experience, preferably in a public relations agency, digital firm or similar setting – internships may apply as experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to interpret social media and other online data and highlight information relevant to a client/project/issue.
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), and social media monitoring and content management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; conversant with AP Stylebook.
- Experience with writing and producing informational materials.
- Ability to present information to clients, stakeholders and colleagues in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and complete deadline-driven tasks as well as flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Some travel is require (2-4 weeks/year).
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!