The Training Support Coordinator role is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Transit Operations Academy team. Responsibilities include supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly data collection and reporting for the Transit Operations Academy as well as assisting with initiatives and special projects. This role will also assist with coordinating training support as necessary, monitoring division timelines, coordinating department meetings, and scheduling support as needed. This position will play an important role in handling communication for the Transit Operations Academy team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule team meetings, assist in creating agenda, presentations decks, etc.
- Facilitate Transportation Operations Academy team communications including meeting notes and team updates.
- Participate on project teams as necessary.
- Support Training meetings and functions as necessary.
- Collaborate with planning teams to compile routine scorecards and reporting.
- Order and maintain necessary training print and fulfillment inventory for division.
- Create promotional flyers, brochures, to create awareness of various training initiatives.
- Support trainees and management with trainee enrollment registrations, transcripts, certificates, etc.
- Compile and evaluate training data as needed to create reports that will be distributed amongst the Training team and across the organization.
- Assist with developing and implementing training process documentation and training materials.
- Respond to e-mail, phone calls, MS Office Teams messages, and voicemails in accordance DART company policy.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times both internally and externally.
- Partner with Training team in preparing periodic training and evaluation reports.
- Recording and documenting meeting minutes in a timely and in a proficient manner.
- Provide administrative support with training initiatives, presentation development, and additional administrative tasks.
- Assist with processing invoices, initiating procurement transactions, coordinating promotional purchases, etc.
- Provide expense reporting support to department leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Resources, Training or related field.
- Two (2) years experience in a fast-paced Operations, Training or an administrative support role.
- Proficiency with personal computer (PC) and software applications to include Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, etc.); typical office equipment such as copier, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work with advanced software applications preferred (i.e., Learning Management Systems, graphic design platforms like Canva and Adobe Workshop).
- Ability to be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Ability to use his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ability to enjoy working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Reports to Sr Mgr Career Link *
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART’s operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V