About the Role
As an engineering intern at CrowdStrike, you’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry and contribute to the meaningful work in our engineering teams. We are looking for engineering interns to work in the following areas: Cloud, Sensor, Product & Cloud Security, and User Interface (UI).
- Participate in design and development of software with cross platform deliverables
- Work with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in the native languages
- Help ensure software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards
- Develop system design and coding best practices for engineering teams
- Learn about our massively scalable distributed architecture
What you’ll need…
- Currently enrolled at a four university, currently working towards a CS/Engineering degree, not graduating earlier than August 2022
- Development experienced with one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or Go
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- Can think about and write high quality code and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects.
- Team player – able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a globally distributed team.
- Experience with Linux, Go, AWS, Kafka, GRPC, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git
- Data storage: RDBMS, NoSQL, and caching technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- OS system understanding for core concepts and subsystems (Linux, XNU, FreeBSD, etc)
- Experience responding to security events, including front-line analysis and escalation, on hacktivist, cybercrime, and APT activity.
- Reverse engineering, threat detection, and malware analysis; and an interest in on-device development
- Other technical security certifications or security-related academic background, such as coursework, projects, or capture-the-flag competitions, will be a plus.
What You Can Expect:
- Executive Speaker Series & Tech Talks
- Fun socials and give-back events (e.g. virtual trivia, escape rooms, etc.)
- Development workshops to grow your soft and hard skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and CrowdStrikers
- Owning impactful projects that move the company forward
- Working alongside a diverse and global team
- Assigned mentor and continuous feedback
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Access to our FalconFit Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Fun Slack channels (e.g. food, gaming, sports, pets, etc.)
- Paid holidays and 401k matching
Here’s what our previous interns have to say about our program:
- The CrowdStrike Internship Experience (video)
- Intern Testimonials blog post (TBA)
- Our feature on The Internship Show (podcast)
Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.