Cozen O’Connor has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic full time Administrative Assistant in the New York Office. This position is working with the Public Strategies group. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to perform extensive multi-tasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail. Candidates must be able to think strategically and independently, and interact with all levels of professionals within and outside the firm. An interest in government relations is a plus. The position requires judgment and discretion, as well as excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Support a team of government relations professionals in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
- Maintain multiple calendars, including scheduling appointments, conference calls, and events with clients, public officials and guests in New York City and Albany, taking care of all the details in connection with each event.
- Participate in regular team meetings, following up with minutes or calls as needed.
- Maintain lobbying compliance documents, including assisting with periodic filings and reports.
- Prepare, proofread and process engagement letters and other correspondence.
- Prepare new matter forms, and perform conflicts checks.
- Input time, including detailed lobbying records, into the InTapp system.
- On occasion, support business-related events that occur in the office outside of regular business hours.
- Arrange occasional travel and lodging to and from various locations.
- Monitor emails and respond promptly to those that can be addressed.
- Work with an assigned biller who drafts bills for review.
- Maintain, input, and update all contacts and all lists.
- Track, compile, organize, and submit appropriate expenses for Public Strategies Group.
- Manage files and other administrative tasks.
- Office/Clerical Administrative experience is required.
- Extensive experience with data management using InterAction (CRM), Chrome River, and Microsoft Suite with advanced level experience in Word and Outlook. Proficiency in Google docs a plus.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence, memoranda, e-mails with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, under strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with New York City and State government is a plus.
Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, or any unlawful factor.