The Division of Clinical Services is currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for new hires.
Sign-on bonuses will be based on successful completion of the CDOC Training Academy (CTS), and successful performance review and evaluations.
- $500.00 – Graduation of CTA
- $1,000.00 – 6 Month Performance Review
- $1,000.00 – 1 Year Performance Review
Who May Apply: A residency waiver has been granted for this announcement. Applications will be considered from residents and non-residents of Colorado. However, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed in this job announcement.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Corrections is “To protect the citizens of Colorado by holding offenders accountable and engaging them in opportunities to make positive behavioral changes and become law abiding, productive citizens.”
Our vision…”Building a safer Colorado for today and tomorrow”.
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference and builds greater public confidence in good government, consider joining the dedicated people of the State of Colorado. Our professionals strive to support state government and the citizens of Colorado. Customer service is a key component for every position in state government as is the focus on ideas and ways to redesign the delivery of services in making state government more effective and efficient.
In addition to a great agency and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the state system;
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans;
- Medical and dental health plans;
- Short and long term disability coverage;
- Paid life insurance;
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave;
- Wellness program, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and more.
Description of Job
Current vacancy: Denver, Canon City, and Pueblo; however we are accepting applications for all locations. The eligibility list created from this posting will be used to fill current and future vacancies through out the state (Crowley, Buena Vista, Canon City, Delta, Denver, Limon, Pueblo, Rifle, Sterling and Trinidad).
Provide professional psychologist services to inmate population in compliance with mental health guidelines, to include psychological assessment and evaluation of mental health needs, individual and group therapy, clinical and behavioral management of inmates with mental illness. Work with other staff regarding the mental health needs of inmates; provide clinical consultation and guidance to inmates and staff; process documentation to provide comprehensive inmate mental health records; provide crisis intervention. Communicate regularly and appropriately to inmates, clinical staff and administrative supervisors to ensure continuity within the work program. Ensure compliance with all applicable professional, departmental, organizational and unit standards. Positions may provide professional services to the Sex Offender Treatment and Monitoring Program (SOTMP).
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Doctorate degree in Psychology;
Licensure: Applicants must possess a valid Psychologist license issued by the State of Colorado, Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA);
Experience: Must have one (1) year of experience as a licensed psychologist or permitted psychologist candidate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically to effectively resolve issues.
- Maintain required licensure/credentials.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across facility programs and disciplines;
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language;
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Experience practicing as a Psychologist in a correctional environment.
VISIT OUR CAREERS WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY, AND TO APPLY. VISIT US ONLINE AT CDOC.JOBS