The Finance and Accounting Department is currently seeking a Program Support Specialist – Finance and Accounting. This position provides varied program support under the guidance of professional staff related to general finance, budget, capital projects and/or payroll. Acts as the primary backup to the Payroll Coordinator. Performs a wide variety of technical accounting and related functions applying established District accounting practices and procedures. Computes, classifies, records, verifies and maintains computerized financial transactions. Prepares a variety of reports.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions)
- Provides back-up payroll support for the Payroll Coordinator, including bi-weekly time and labor report balancing. Processes payroll in the absence of the Payroll Coordinator.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing presentations of complex financial, accounting and budgetary information.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of the District’s annual operating budget and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Manages capital projects accounting records, entering new projects and project changes, and providing reports and analysis for project managers and others as appropriate.
- Prepares, maintains, records and verifies complex records. Reviews financial records for accuracy, proper reporting, and compliance with District policies, procedures and regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
2+ years of experience as an accounting technician, payroll technician, purchasing technician or related work;
College coursework or specialized training in accounting, bookkeeping, business administration, or related field.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver’s license.