Position: Network Technician
Reports to: VP of Technology
AlignTec is a locally owned and operated internet service provider based in Durango, Colorado. Originally started in Durango as Aligned Technologies in 1996, we began our first wireless internet broadcast in 2004, northwest of town in Hidden Valley. AlignTec has provided IT and technical services to area businesses and homes over the years, creating many long-lasting relationships that remain to this day. We are proud of the products we offer and the personable customer service we are known for.
Network Technician’s ensure that Company and customer networks are running smoothly and fixes issues on both customer and company networks; makes upgrades to company infrastructure to ensure maximum performance; installation of local area networks, internet connections, and other communication systems.
This position may provide supervision to direct reports; oversee and mentor the work performance of the NT team. A portion of the time will be spent performing individual tasks like those performed by direct reports. This position may participate in the interview, selection and training processes as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have Network Technician experience and be able to show proficiency and knowledge of basic Network Tech skills and responsibilities.
This is a Full-Time, Monday – Friday, Non-Exempt Position. This position requires after hours and weekend tech support.
- Collaborate in the development and documentation process to ensure consistent and effective protocols are in place for, but not limited to: Tech Support, Equipment Programming, and Equipment Deployment.
- Determine the root cause of and resolve network outages
- Perform on site network diagnostics and repair
- Dispatch appropriate personnel for network repairs
- Increase efficiencies by developing monitoring templates and automation processes
- Train, supervise and mentor NT staff
- Effectively resolve after hours tech support escalation issues
- Work with the VP of Technology to track, design, and implement network topology changes and upgrades
- Successfully complete FCC licensing of new microwave links
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Maintain proper equipment and cleanliness of tools and equipment.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as directed by supervisor and/or management team.
What we need from you:
· Bachelor’s or Associate degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience preferred
· Minimum three (3) years of related IT/telecommunications experience preferred
· Provide excellent customer service no matter the customers’ mood, the situation, or the time of day; always looking for ways to improve the customer experience
· Ability to effectively use a digital multi meter tool (DMM) and perform Ohms Law mathematics
· Understanding of simple, complex, series, and parallel AC and DC circuits
· PBX programming, implementation, and diagnosis of VOIP systems
· Experience working with MikroTik Router OS and the ability to program equipment
· Understanding of Ipv4 and Ipv6 firewalling
· Data Center/NOC/Central Office installation experience preferred
· Experience with basic networking protocols including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, VPNs, VLANs, SNTP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
· Ability to use installation tools, power tools, and hand tools safely and effectively
- Must be comfortable climbing vertical towers with 100% fall arrest gear
- Always operate company vehicles, at times in inclement weather, in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements.
· Valid and clean CO Driver’s License
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
· Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
· Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
· Must be able to work nights and weekends (On-Call) and overtime, as necessary.
Conditions & Physical Demands:
The conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that are required for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely, and successfully with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry loads of 50 lbs. or more, on occasion; ability to lift, move or carry less than 20 lbs. regularly.
- Ok working in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics
- Works near power lines and electricity.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard, and mouse.
- Works in areas with exposure to inclement weather, moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Able to perform jobs from high places (on poles, ladders, and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks.
What you can expect from us:
· A supportive and team environment based on trust, transparency, and communication.
· Professional growth and training as opportunities arise.
· Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations, and other areas as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay Range: $17.00 – $22.10 per hour (DOE)
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation for this position. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience in this field, and in comparison, to other employees already in this role. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in a compensation decision.
100% Employer paid health insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and Employee Assistance Program
Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The responsibilities, skills/abilities, and working conditions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. AlignTec is an at-will employer, this job description does not constitute an employment contract.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.