The FLC Part-time Job Fair will provide an opportunity for students and employers to meet and secure placement for the 2022-2023 academic year. Students can learn about and potentially interview with campus departments and employers in the Durango community.
We want to help you secure a job before school starts so you have an easier start to your school year!
Who: All part-time and full-time students of Fort Lewis College; work-study and non-work study students are eligible to participate
Where: The job fair will be in the San Juan Dining Hall in the Student Union
When: August 27th, 2022, 1:00-4:00 pm Mountain Time
Why: FLC Departments and local employers will be participating to hire students for the 2022-2023 school year. Participating will allow you to easily meet with and potentially interview with employers on the spot.
Resources for students:
- Have your resume reviewed for free via the FLC Career Services “Drop Off”– Having the feedback on your resume will be helpful to review formatting, and phrasing, and help you explain your experience and skills.
- Practice your elevator pitch – Prepare a 30-second speech that will give the employer information on your background, work experience, and goals you want to highlight. Running through it a few times in the mirror will help you develop it so you can get everything across you want.
- Dress smart – Keep in mind you are meeting with a potential employer. We would recommend at least wearing smart casual attire.
Template and Videos Your resume should be a story of your experience in organizations and prior work experience. This can be very overwhelming, so we have prepared a template to get you started, and a video series. The High School to College Resume video series have short clips to explain each section of the resume.
Click on the link below to download our approved resume template for your use:
Download an Approved Resume Template Click on the link below for some additional help on your resume: High School to College Resume Series: Resume Drop Off Having another set of eyes on your resume is very helpful to get a different perspective. Career Services has a “resume drop-off” available where you can upload your resume and one of our career professionals will provide you with feedback in about 72 hours. The sooner you submit your resume the better to make sure your resume is good to go on the day of the job fair! Drop off your resume here at Office hours Sometimes you have questions and it’s just easier to talk to a person about it. That is why we are hosting two days of drop-in virtual office hours. Both dates will be hosted on Zoom and Jaityn Gomez, Career Engagement Specialist, will be available to answer questions you may have about preparing for the job fair and quick resume questions. If you’re unable to make either of the office hours we have available, you’re welcome to email your questions to Jaityn at email@example.com
- Wednesday, August 17, 2-4 pm Mountain: https://fortlewis.zoom.us/j/6777347332
- Wednesday, August 24, 2-4 pm Mountain: https://fortlewis.zoom.us/j/6777347332