On-Campus Student Employment
Working on campus is convenient, flexible, and a great way to meet people. Gain experience while exploring career options, developing career-ready skills and building your resume. What is on-campus student employment?
- Student employment roles are paid, on-campus jobs intended to be held by current Fort Lewis College students.
- Approximately half of all student jobs are funded by work-study awards and half are funded by a college department’s budget (Institutional Employment). Student employment at Fort Lewis College is managed by Human Resources in partnership with Career Services, Skyhawk Station, the Financial Aid Office, and Payroll. Learn more about official FLC policy on student employment.
- Student employment opportunities exist in many different departments, schools, colleges and buildings across campus.
What are some potential benefits of an on-campus student job?
- Gain professional experience right here on campus.
- Grow and expand your FLC networks and communities.
- The maximum weekly number of hours can help ensure that you have time to devote to coursework and other elements of your Fort Lewis experience.
How do I find an on-campus job?
- On-campus hiring occurs year-round, and there is a central website (Handshake) where all on-campus jobs are listed.
- Handshake is one great place to look for on-campus opportunities.
- Click here to find out more information about what types of jobs are available on the FLC campus.
How do I prepare materials for an on-campus job application?
- The exact application process may vary from role to role, but you’ll generally need a tailored resume and cover letter.
- We have a variety of resources to help you develop those materials and strategize about your job search.
What if I have questions about student employment? Consult the Fort Lewis Student Employment Handbook for logistical or eligibility questions, or schedule an appointment to consult with one of our career advisors about strategy and materials.