Welcome to the Fort Lewis College Alumni Community!
ALUMNI CAREER SUPPORT
Fort Lewis College Career Services provides a full range of services to support alumni with all aspects of their career journey including one-on-one advisement with a career advisor, participation in career events, and access to resources on the FLC Career Services website. A career advisor can help you with any of the following:
- Strategize job searches using relevant and reliable sources
- Provide professional development resources
- Create career documents – resume, CV, cover letter, and e-portfolio
- Discuss career goals to research and formulate an action plan
- Access personality and career matching tools
- Offer personal branding training, including LinkedIn profiles
- Learn about networking and events to engage with employers
Foundation and Departmental ScholarshipsAt Fort Lewis College we take care of our own! Every year, the Office of Alumni Engagement provides scholarships to the children and grandchildren of Fort Lewis College alumni. It is only through the generous contributions of alumni that these scholarships are possible.
Information about the Alumni Scholarship
- Any child or grandchild of an alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is eligible to apply for alumni scholarships. An alumnus/alumna of Fort Lewis College is defined as a person who has attended a minimum of two years or four terms at Fort Lewis College.
- The scholarship applicant must have a 2.70 cumulative grade point average. College students must be enrolled full-time. First consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated academic excellence at the college level.
- In addition to the Application Form, all applicants must submit the following supplemental documents:
- A letter or essay discussing why you feel you are a good candidate for the scholarship/award.
- Copies (need not be official) of all high school transcripts and college transcripts if transfer or returning student.
- Recipients of scholarships must be enrolled as a full-time student per academic year to be eligible to retain the scholarship in subsequent terms/years. Recipients must also submit a letter of thanks once they are notified of their scholarship.
- Scholarships are generally valued between $500 and $1000. The value of awards, as well as the overall number of scholarships and awards given, varies dependent upon available funds.
- Scholarships and awards will be made for (1) academic year (fall and spring terms) and are not automatically renewable; Recipients must re-apply for the scholarship each academic year.
HandshakeAll Fort Lewis College alumni are invited to use our free online job system (Handshake). Your Handshake account remains active after you graduate. You may continue to log in using your FLC CSA credentials. If you are an alumnus and would like to update the email address associated with your Handshake account, please email your request to email@example.com. If you do not currently have a Handshake account, you will be approved and have access to your account within 48 hours. Click here to register.
Alumni StoriesRead about our alumni in these inspiring student outcome stories. https://www.fortlewis.edu/academics/alumni-stories
Career Coaching Appointments
Fort Lewis College Career Services is happy to help our Alumni. We specialize in assisting current students and recent graduates who graduated in the past five years. If you are an alumni that has graduated longer than five years ago we are happy to schedule one free 30 minute appointment per semester. After this appointment, we also offer one free resume review per semester either in person or over email. How can we help recent alumni? We provide the same services for alumni as we do for students. We can help with:
Want to connect with other FLC Alumni?Follow the FLC LinkedIn page!